International Coordination and Response Group for the victims of Flight PS752 – Framework for Cooperation with Iran
Canada, Ukraine, Sweden, Afghanistan and the UK – members of the International Coordination and Response Group for the victims of Flight PS752 – held an in-person meeting at Canada House in London, UK, today and agreed upon a framework for cooperation with Iran in response to this tragedy to provide closure, accountability, transparency and justice for the families and loved ones of all the victims.
The framework is centred on five key elements that will guide our engagement with the Iranian authorities to ensure:
- Full and unhindered access for our officials to and within Iran to provide consular services.
- That the victim identification process is conducted with dignity, transparency and according to international standards and that the wishes of the families regarding repatriation are respected in all cases.
- A thorough, independent and transparent international investigation open to grieving nations governed by the Convention on International Civil Aviation.
- Iran assumes full responsibility for the downing of flight PS752 and recognizes its duties towards the families of the victims and other parties – including compensation.
- Accountability for those responsible through an independent criminal investigation followed by transparent and impartial judicial proceedings which conform to international standards of due process and human rights.
We welcome Iran’s engagement to date and encourage their continued cooperation.
Vadym Prystaiko met with the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office, Prime Minister and Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of Albania Edi Rama | 20 January 2020, 15:57
Comment of Ukraine's Foreign Ministry regarding Ukrainian National Coat of Arms being put on UK Police Counter Terrorism Policing Guide | 20 January 2020, 14:51
Vadym Prystaiko held talks with UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab MP | 16 January 2020, 15:12
Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Sergiy Kyslytsya received Representative of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in Ukraine Jaime Nadal | 14 January 2020, 20:43
MFA on social media
|> All social media accounts|